Our First Summer Vacation

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our first day

Jacob and Max
Our house on wheels
Greetings from Mobile, Alabama. It took us ALL DAY to get here but we made is safely and that's all that matters.

Scott was not feeling well for most of the day so I did a lot of the driving today. I had never driven the RV for more than 10 minutes before, but after a little while I decided it's not so bad. It's very big though, our RV is 40 foot long and we are towing the car which has the bikes on the back of that!
Tomorrow we are going to visit the USS Alabama during the day and go to a Mobile Bay Bears minor league game tomorrow night. They are playing the Birmingham Barons which is the same team Scott was with for AA ball. He's pretty excited!
Our dogs did really well for the first part of the trip. My youngest dog, Maggie (collie) was kind of nervous. Scott made too sharp of a turn at the start of our trip and things went flying all over the place, Maggie jumped into the closet to hide which is kind of funny because the closet is small and crowded and Maggie is pretty big.

4 comments:

  1. Well I hope Scott feels better today, and you all enjoyed the game tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you have a great husband. This is fun to read and my wife and I hope you spend some time in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you guys so much and this trip looks so fun. I hope you guys are all having a great time together. But, I miss you guys a lot.

    ReplyDelete