Our First Summer Vacation

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

On the road again

Today we headed east for the first time in over 5 1/2 weeks, so I guess in a way we are slowly headed home.  We left Seattle a little after 9 am this morning and drove east on 90.  We are on our way to Yellowstone Park, close to 800 miles from Seattle.  We made it to Missoula, MT and decided to call it a day. I spotted a moose standing in some water close to the highway and I was very excited!! I looked and looked for a bear ( I really want to see one) but I didn't see one.  Montana is lovely, I can see why it is called "big sky country."
We still have about 4 hours ahead of us tomorrow and we are hoping to get to our campground by noon tomorrow. Really hoping my boys get some fishing in and we are also hoping to go whitewater rafting either in Yellowstone or Jackson Hole.

I posted this and then realized I forgot to write about Seattle - oops.

While we were in Seattle we went to the Mariners game on Sunday.  Cliff Lee was supposed to leave us tix for us, but he was traded a few days before we got there.  Luckily, Scott was able to ask another player! I was at Safeco Field with Caleb back in 1999 when Caleb was 1.  It is a really beautiful stadium and we really enjoyed watching the game, even though they lost to the Yankees.
On a side note, I have been to all major league stadiums except for Baltimore.  I am trying to get my kids to all of the stadiums as well, but they are a few American League Stadiums short, especially Jacob who wasn't born when Scott played for the White Sox.  So now we can scratch Safeco Field off of his list.  He also needs to go to a Royals game, we are supposed to be going thru there after visiting the Badlands of South Dakota.

After the game on Sunday we took the boys to Pike Place Market so they could see them throwing the fish around.  It was fun, but really crowded.  We loaded up on some seafood and produce though so that was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment