Our First Summer Vacation

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wisconsin and Michigan





We have now been on vacation for 8 weeks!! I can't believe our adventure will soon be over.

Today we arrived at my Dad's house in Dexter, Michigan.  It is a small town just west of Ann Arbor.  Before we got here we stopped in Wisconsin so we could meet the family that sold us our collie.  It was really nice to meet them and see their farm.  The dog pictures below are of our dog Maggie and her dad "Chief."  They had a litter of puppies while we were there and of course my kids begged for a puppy but we feel four dogs are enough for now.

We spent the last two days in Mackinaw City and Mackinaw Island.  We rode our bikes all over the island and had a great time.  We now have more fudge than we really need (the specialty of the island).

My brother and his family are also at my Dad's house.  We haven't seen them in over a year so it is nice to be able to spend time with them.  We plan on seeing family and friends while we are here and then heading to Sandusky, Ohio to go to Cedar Point.  My boys are more excited about that part of our trip than any other thing we have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment